Thursday, February 19, 2009

USAW & CF

Just wanted to clarify one thing concerning my Olympic Weightlifting Certification.
I found CrossFit in 2004, when there were only 4 CF gyms in the whole world (I'm not kidding, just 4)!!!!!!
When I started training with CrossFit in 2005, there was no Olympic Weghtlifting Certification offered by them, and the USAW Club Coach Certification was recommended to me by CF.
In fact, there was only a CF Cert., period (no kettlebell cert. no barbell cert., no Oly. cert., etc.). We're talking about the time before CF exploded into world-wide acclaim or notoriety, take your pick.
When I went to Santa Cruz for my CF Cert. in May 2006, Coach Burgener gave me my first taste of Olympic Weightlifting and I was hooked!
I found a local USAW Club Coach Cert, run by Rich Lansky, and was certified by him.
I trained again with Coach Lansky in 2008.
By the way, Coach Burgener and Coach Lansky are personal friends.
Now you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment